Dawg Daze Tournament
23rd Annual Dawg Daze Tournament
Aug. 4 - 5 - 6, 2023
Fast Pitch Girls Softball Tournament
LAKE ERIE FUN! - MINUTES FROM KALAHARI RESORT - WATERPARK and CEDAR POINT AMUSEMENT PARK.
REGISTRATION PACKETS for the 2023 Tournament will be available the week of December 5th, 2022.
Follow us on FACEBOOK for updates - "Dawg Daze Huron"
Age brackets: 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U
Tournament begins 2:00pm on Friday. TEAMS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAY FRIDAY; MOST TEAMS PLAY ON FRIDAY.
Saturday and Sunday game schedule begins at 8:00am. Pool games on Friday and Saturday. Elimination games begin on Sunday. Schedules subject to changes/ adjustments based on weather.
GAME FIELDS: GAMES WILL BE HELD AT FABENS PARK in Huron, OH. TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN FOR ALL COACHES IS AT FABENS PARK. (Fabens Park, 1 Fabens Way, Huron, OHIO.) If needed, Huron High School Softball Field may be used for a some games--located 5 minutes from Fabens Park.
MORE INFORMATION ON FABENS PARK (Note: referred to as "Andrew J. Fabens Memorial Park" on highway signs). Location: 1 Fabens Way, Huron, Ohio.
Large athletic park. Amenities include 9 baseball/softball fields, 5 tennis courts, 2 batting cages, nature trail, playground area, 3 shelters, picnic tables, grills, drinking fountain, concession stand and restrooms; plus Pedestrian/Biking Trail; paved one-mile long. Map to Fabens Park
Team Insurance Certificate, Playing Roster, and your Concussion Training Certificate should be emailed to Parks@huronohio.us
Changes to the roster may be made up to the start of your team's first Tournament game.
T-Shirt / Pin Combos -- will be on sale at the Park during the weekend.
- Huron is located on the shores of Lake Erie and the Huron River-- with sandy beaches (Click here -scroll down to "Nickel Plate Beach" for info on Huron's largest public beach); the Huron Harbor Lighthouse and pier; and beautiful shorelines...and is about 15 minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park, Kalahari Resort-Waterpark, and Great Wolf Lodge-Indoor Water Park Visit Lake Erie Shores & Islands home page for more area attractions and events.
LAKE ERIE FUN ! For good online deals on tickets, check web sites (shown below) several times — and early! (Sorry, we do not sell Cedar Point tickets at the ballfield.)
Kalahari Resorts —https://www.kalahariresorts.com/ohio/parks-and-passes/indoor-waterpark/
Great Wolf Lodge—https://www.greatwolf.com/sandusky/deals
- There are many options in the area; it is wise to book early! Lake Erie Shores & Islands LODGING website is an easy way to compare lodging choices. Note that you can adjust the search within the Lake Erie Shores & Islands link to include more surrounding areas ("East Shores" includes near-by Vermilion) and types of Lodging (for example, campgrounds) in the left-hand column.
PARKING & FIELD NUMBERS
- Tournament Parking Fee: Each vehicle will be charged a $15. weekend parking fee. NOTE: THE PARKING GATE STAFF AT THE TOURNAMENT ARE MEMBERS OF THE HURON HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL TEAM AND THEIR COACHES. They work long hours at the tournament as part of their team's fundraiser -- We appreciate your courtesy to these young athletes and their coaches!
- FIELD NUMBER MAP for Fabens Park
- Andrew Fabens Memorial Park, Huron, OH -- location on Google Map. Address to the Park: 1 Fabens Way, Huron, Ohio 44839
YOUTH SPORTS CONCUSSION TRAINING
State of Ohio requires Concussion Training--see the following links for more information:
National Alliance for Youth Sports Concussion Training FREE TRAINING LINK -- Be sure to print your certificate of training and submit to Huron Parks & Recreation.
Coaches: Concussion Training Certificate REQUIRED for participation in Dawg Daze Tournament and Fall Ball League, per State law. No exceptions. Follow link above for information on the State of Ohio's FREE Concussion Training.