Dawg Daze Tournament
19th Annual Dawg Daze Tournament
August 2 - 3 - 4, 2019
Fast Pitch Girls Softball Tournament
MINUTES FROM KALAHARI RESORT - WATERPARK and CEDAR POINT AMUSEMENT PARK.
- Teams are registered in the order completed Registration Form and Fee payment received.
- No Registration Fee will be refunded after March 31, 2019.
Follow us on FACEBOOK for updates - "Dawg Daze Softball Tournament"
Age brackets: 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U
Tournament begins 2:00pm on Friday, August 2nd. TEAMS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAY FRIDAY; MOST TEAMS PLAY ON FRIDAY.
Saturday and Sunday game schedule begins at 8:00am. Pool games on Friday and Saturday. Elimination games begin on Sunday. Schedules subject to changes/ adjustments based on weather.
GAME FIELDS: ALL FRIDAY GAMES WILL BE HELD AT FABENS PARK in Huron, OH. TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN FOR ALL COACHES IS AT FABENS PARK. There is no street address for Fabens Park. You can use the intersection of Adams & Taylor Avenues, Huron, OH 44839 for mapping; or "Fabens Park, Huron, OH" on Google Maps.
On Saturday/Sunday, some older divisions will be scheduled at the Huron High School Softball Team's Field -- located at Woodland Intermediate School, 1810 Maple Ave., Huron, OH 44839. This field is on the north side of Rt. 6; about five minutes from Fabens Park.
CLICK HERE FOR TOURNAMENT FIELD MAP -- includes Fabens Park and the Huron High School Softball Team's Field.
MORE INFORMATION ON FABENS PARK (Note: referred to as "Andrew J. Fabens Memorial Park" on highway signs). Location: Adams and Taylor Avenues.
Large athletic park. Amenities include 9 baseball/softball fields, 5 tennis courts, 2 batting cages, nature trail, playground area, 3 shelters, picnic tables, grills, drinking fountain, concession stand and restrooms; plus Pedestrian/Biking Trail; paved one-mile long. Map to Fabens Park
Team Insurance Certificate, Playing Roster, and your Concussion Training Certificate due at our office by July 1, 2019. Submitting this information will speed your Tournament Check-in at the Field!
Dawg Daze T-Shirt/Pin Pre-order forms will be published here when available -- don't miss the opportunity to save time and money -- and assure sizes are available. TEAM ORDERS ONLY.
- Huron is located on the shores of Lake Erie and the Huron River-- with sandy beaches (Click here -scroll down to "Nickel Plate Beach" for info on Huron's largest public beach); the Huron Lighthouse and pier; and beautiful shorelines...and is about 15 minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park and Kalahari Resort-Waterpark. Visit Lake Erie Shores & Islands home page for more area attractions and events.
- Cedar Point Amusement Park tickets can be purchased directly from their website -- you may want to check early to take advantage of any special prices; or possibly group your team's purchase into a single "group" rate purchase.
- There are many options in the area; it is wise to book early! Lake Erie Shores & Islands LODGING website is a great reference for lodging. Note that you can adjust the search within the Lake Erie Shores & Islands link to include more surrounding areas ("East Shores" includes near-by Vermilion) and types of Lodging (for example, campgrounds) in the left-hand column.
PARKING & FIELD NUMBERS
- Tournament Parking Fee: Each vehicle will be charged a $10 weekend parking fee. NOTE: THE PARKING GATE STAFF AT THE TOURNAMENT ARE MEMBERS OF THE HURON HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL TEAM AND THEIR COACHES. They work long hours at the tournament as part of their team's fundraiser -- We appreciate your courtesy to these young athletes and their coaches!
- Field Number Map for Fabens Park --includes map of Huron High School Softball Field located at Woodland Inermediate School (1810 Maple Ave, Huron, OH 44839)
YOUTH SPORTS CONCUSSION TRAINING
State of Ohio requires Concussion Training--see the following links for more information:
Coaches: Concussion Training Certificate REQUIRED for participation in Dawg Daze Tournament and Fall Ball League, per State law. No exceptions. Follow link above for information on the State of Ohio's FREE Concussion Training.