The Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for enforcement of the City’s zoning code relative to  property maintenance violations.  Property maintenance issues include but are not limited to:  tall grass & weeds, debris, junk vehicles, sidewalk issues, health safety issues, sanitation,  etc.  The Zoning Department appreciates citizen engagement relative to code enforcement efforts which benefit all in our community.  

When contacting the city  regarding a suspected violation, you will need to provide the  address of the property  and a brief description of the issue(s).  You can report to us in one of the  following ways:

Upon reciept of your inquiry, the Zoning Department will open a report, review and investigate your inquiry.  Shoud the Zoning Inspector  determine that a code violation exists, the property owner will be contacted with notice of corrective action to be taken within the specified time frame pursuant to the code.   If you have any questions, or would like to speak to the Zoning Inspector directly, please contact Katie Maloney at or via phone at  419-433-5000 ext. 1303 or cell at  419-239-7691.


Residential Rehabilitation Assistance

GREAT LAKES COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP:  Residential rehabilitation grant program for residential property within the City of Huron.  Please click here for more information. 


Transient Rental Property

Transient (short-term) rental properties located within the city are required to be registered and certified by the city.  Registration with Erie County for the collection of lodging tax is also required.  Click here to visit the Transient Rental Property page of our site for more information.    Just as with any other property, if you notice a potential property maintenance  violation, please contact us.  


Thank you for taking the time to report your concerns.