News & Press Releases
Press Releases and Media Coverage:
Snow Emergency and Parking Ban in Place Effective 5 PM on Wednesday, February 3
In anticipation of Winter Storm Landon, the City of Huron has declared a Snow Emergency/Parking Ban, effective at 5 PM, Wednesday, February 3, 2022 and continuing until cancelled.
Per Ordinance 351.19 PARKING REGULATIONS DURING EMERGENCY, street parking and parking in designated parking areas of the City of Huron is prohibited during snow emergencies. Such emergency shall continue until an announcement by the City Manager, or his designee, that snow plowing operations have been completed.
The parking ban will be enforced by the Huron Police Department. Motorists are encouraged to use extra caution during this weather event and are encouraged to restrict any unnecessary travel when possible.
The City of Huron will utilize all of its resources to keep the main roads and bridges cleared during this event and will have all available resources utilized to start secondary and side streets after the storm has passed.
- Route 6 Transportation Guide/Brochure
- 2021 Fire Hydrant Testing Map for week of October 11, 2021. The City of Huron began annual flushing of fire hydrants and valve exercising on 10/4 per Ohio EPA requirements. The section outlined on the map will be the focus for the week of 10/11. Customers in that section may occasionally experience a fluctuation in flow and/or pressure. Should water discoloration occur, please allow your faucet to run for several minutes to turn over the water in the service line. There will be no boil alerts associated with this routine maintenance unless an emergency event should occur. A new map will be issued when crews have completed a section and are prepared to move to the next section. Thank you for your understanding.
- US 6 Bike Lane Striping Plan
- Fabens Park Named as one of Country's Best Outdoor Sports Venues
- Huron Municipal Court 2020 Annual Report
- ERPC 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan
- Republic Services Important Notice Regarding our Recycling and Waste Service
- March 16th, 2020: COVID-19 Operations Plan (City)
- March 13th, 2020: COVID-19 Operations Plan (City)
- March 13th, 2020: COVID-19 Operations Plan (Municipal Court)
- Erie County Health Department Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Sandusky Register: Growing Huron, Leveraging Opportunities
- Sandusky Register: Medical Marijuana Coming to Huron
- Sandusky Register: Huron on a Roll
- Sandusky Register: $6 million Dollar Project Landing in Huron
- Mucci Farms Chooses Huron for $100M Produce Plant
Presentations and Reports:
- ERPC Local Road Safety Plan
- Nickel Plate Beach Swim Area Assessment
- Jan. 2019 State of the City
- 2017 State of the City
- Paving Condition Rating (As of 2017)
- 2016 State of the City
- ConAgra Development Concepts
- 2015 Economic Development Report - Juniper CRE
- 2015 State of the City
- 2014 State of the City
- Vision 2020 - City of Huron Master Plan
News and Updates:
- Preliminary Design for US 6 Phase 2 (Center St. to by-pass)
- 2019 Ohio Edison Tree Trimming Information
- December 19, 2016 Republic Services Press Release- Holiday Refuse Schedule
- Assistance Programs to Help with Winter Utility Bills (January 2020)
Ohio EPA Public Notices:
City of Huron's Online Auction Information:
Notice is hereby given that during a regular meeting of the Council of the City of Huron, Ohio on March 23, 2021, Resolution No. 19-2021 was adopted. This Resolution expresses Council’s intent to sell personal property deemed to be no longer needed for public use or found obsolete or unfit for the use for which it was acquired by utilizing GovDeals Inc. in the event the City chooses an internet auction service. This notice is given pursuant to Section 721.15 of the Ohio Revised Code.