2018 CAPITAL PROJECTS
Main Street Streetscape Project
- Lighting installation underway.
Residential Roadway Paving Program
- Resolution 2018-30 adopted on April 10, 2018 awarded the bid to Smith Paving and Excavating for Part 2: (Village Green Base Bid) plus Alternates 1(Portland & Brunswick), 2 (Beachside and Gateway), and 3 (Hawthorne, Ironwood, Magnolia, Waterworks) in an amount not to exceed $795,267.75.
The 2018 paving project was divided into two parts with two base bids: Part 1- Rye Beach neighborhood and Part 2- Village Green/Miscellaneous roadways. Roadways identified in the bids were rated critical. The City has pursued and received additional funding for Part 1 through the OPWC. The restrictions in place for that funding restrict the city with regard to when the city can award and commence with construction. For that reason, Part 1- Rye Beach neighborhood will be awarded later this summer.
Fabens Park- Adams Avenue Entrance Improvement
- Project awarded July 25, 2017 (Resolution 2017-56). Construction underway 2017 with completion anticipated in late May 2018.
US6 Corridor Improvement Project
- ODOT/City Project to commence in 2019 with Phase 1: area from Williams Street to the Eastern City Limits. Following informational public meeting held on November 16, 2017 and comment reports recieved, final design plans have been submitted to ODOT: Option A: US Route 6 Corridor -4 Lane Pavement Marking Plan (current pavement markings)
US6 -Huron River Bridge Improvements
- (ODOT/City) Project was re-bid with bid opening May 18, 2017. One (1) bid recieved; Project on hold at this time to be coordinated with the ODOT 2019 project above.
Click here to view the MASTER PLAN. The Master Plan was supported & recommended for adoption by the Planning Commission, and formally adopted by Huron City Council on October 23, 2012 by the adoption Ordinance of 2012-44. Hard copy Master Plan booklets are available for viewing at City Hall and at the Huron Public Library.