2017 CAPITAL PROJECTS
Main Street Streetscape Project - Bid awarded on July 12, 2016 Resolution 2016-53 to Ropper Construction Inc. Contract documents executed. Engineering Inspection Services awarded on September 13, 2016, project currently underway. Main Street Streetscape Plan page 1 Main Streetscape Plan page 2
- Installation of underground conduit – currently being worked on. Completion expected March 31, 2017
- Installation of underground cable by private utility companies -- March 31 – May 12, 2017
- Installation of curbs, sidewalks and asphalt repairs on South Main Street -- May 15, 2017
- Removal of existing pavement and installation of new pavement, curbs and sidewalks May 15 – June 30, 2017
- Engineers expect completion, including for possible weather delays mid-July
- Lighting installation to be determined
- Mandatory completion October 1, 2017
Oklahoma Area Water Line Replacement & Paving- Project was awarded to Buckeye Excavating and Construction on March 14, 2017 (Resolution 2017-17). The project bid came in well under the engineer's estimate of the project (Engineering Estimate was $1.4million) Buckeye's bid was awarded at $1,067,775.00. The estimated water line assessment portion of the project reflects the decrease and the revised assessment estimate to property owners is now $5,877.00. City Administration and City Council continue to discuss the consideration to offset or forgive the assessment to property owners. The actual final cost will not be known until the project has been completed. The final decision and formal legislation from City Council on the determination of any offset or forgiveness would be expected after the final cost is known.
- Anticipated start date the week of April 17, 2017 (OUPS Locates)
- 4-17-17 Preliminary Notice to Residents of Construction Information& Contacts
- Construction commenced Tuesday April 25 starting on Taylor Ave at Adams Ave working south to the tracks.
- General overall construction schedule.
- Anticipated completion date September 29, 2017
Roadway Paving Program- for 2016/2017 is anticipated to be bid out in early 2017, streets to be paved TBD.
US6 -Huron River Bridge Improvements (ODOT/City) Project currently being re-bid.
US6 Corridor Improvements - ODOT resurfacing anticipated 2017/2018. City commissioned full scale traffic study (Resolution 2016- 21, adopted March 8, 2016) of the US6 corridor from the entrance of Fabens Park on the west to the city limits on the east. OHM has completed report, made presentation to City Council, design plans underway.
Fabens Park- Adams Avenue Entrance Improvement - Design stage.
Needle Ice Ramp & Shoreline Improvement- Water Filtration Plant - awaiting permits; project expected to be bid in late spring 2017.
Click here to view the MASTER PLAN. The Master Plan was supported & recommended for adoption by the Planning Commission, and formally adopted by Huron City Council on October 23, 2012 by the adoption Ordinance of 2012-44. Hard copy Master Plan booklets are available for viewing at City Hall and at the Huron Public Library.