Located on the south shore of Lake Erie, Huron lies midway between Cleveland and Toledo on State Route 6 and State Route 2 in the heart of Ohio’s Lake Erie vacationland. The City of Huron is quickly becoming one of the premier tourist destinations in Northeast Ohio.
2016 statistics and 2017 forecasts show that more people are taking advantage of destinations that are closer to home.
- 10 million trips are made to Lake Erie each year
- 3.5 million people go to Cedar Point every year
- Huron is located 30 miles from Kelleys Island
- Put in Bay, a highly popular tourist destination, is one hour from Huron
- The Erie County tourism industry was $1.6 billion in 2015
- Lake Erie is a year-round destination
- 88% of visitors said they are likely to return
More money, more people and more tourism is coming to Northeast Ohio, and Huron is at the heart of that growth. For information on available sites, click here. For more information about tourism in the area, click here.