2017 WINTER YOGA @ Shawnee
Note: Jan. 10, 2017 Winter Yoga Class cancelled due to Huron School Closing -- Session will resume on Jan. 17, 2017. Tuesday evenings, 6 pm - 7 pm. Two eight-week Sessions. Session I is Jan. 10 through Feb. 28, 2017. Session II is Mar. 14 through May 9, 2017 (No class Apr. 18). Yoga with instructor Karen Polvinale. Program accomodates all skill levels - beginners welcome!
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Program fee is $40 residents/$45 non-residents for each session. Register for both Sessions at the same time to save $5. on the combined two sessions fee- Registration Form.
WALKING AT WOODLANDS
Monday - Thursdays on School Days, Nov. 15, 2016 through April 27, 2017, 6 pm - 7:30 pm. Safe, Indoor Walking; no matter the weather! FREE Program; pre-registration is not required.
Held at Woodlands Intermediate School, 1810 Maple Ave., Huron. - Click here for ENTRANCE TO BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS. Enjoy all the health benefits of walking in a comfortable environment! No Walking Program if School is Closed / Cancelled. For information on School Calendar/Closings - visit the Huron City Schools website. Special thanks to the Huron City School District for the use of Woodlands Intermediate School.
2017 Youth Indoor Soccer - with Huron High School Soccer Coach & Team!
INDOOR SOCCER @ SHAWNEE - Thursday evenings. PK(at least 4 yrs.old)-K at 5:00-5:45 pm. 1st Grade at 6-7 pm. (Note: PK-K - both Sessions are filled -- Grade 1 still available.) TWO SESSIONS. First session Jan. 5 - Feb. 16, 2017 (NO Soccer Jan. 26). Second session March 2 - April 6, 2017.
Working with Huron High School Soccer Coach & Team, this program is designed for beginners (boys and girls) to improve their skills and have fun! Registration Fee for PK-K is $35 resident/$40 non-resident. Fee for 1st Grade is 40 resident/$45 non-resident. Space is very limited so sign-up early! Registration Form.
INDOOR SOCCER @ WOODLANDS - Saturdays. Grades 2-3 at Noon-1:30 pm. Grades 4-5-6 at 2:00-3:30 pm. Jan. 14 - March 4, 2017.
A great opportunity for boys and girls to stay active over the winter! Work with the Huron High School Soccer Coaches and Players on skill sessions and play games ... and HAVE FUN! Program fee is $65. This is a growing program; sign-up now! Registration Form.
17TH ANNUAL DAWG DAZE TOURNAMENT
August 4 - 5 - 6, 2017
Fast Pitch Girls Softball Tournament
Huron Dawg Daze Tournament also on Facebook –please check out the page for current updates:
- Huron, Ohio - Minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park and Kalahari Resort-Waterpark
- Age brackets: 18U, 16U, 14U, 12U and 10U (ages as of Jan. 1, 2017)
- Tournament begins 2:00pm on Friday, August 4th. TEAMS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR PLAY FRIDAY; MOST TEAMS PLAY ON FRIDAY.
- Saturday and Sunday game schedule begins at 8:00am. Pool games on Friday and Saturday. Elimination games begin on Sunday. Schedules subject to changes/ adjustments based on weather.
- Game Fields: Fabens Park in Huron, OH; and VermilionFields at Vermilion Middle School (10 miles east of Huron). Field Number Maps for both Fabens-Huron and Vermilion.
- NO Registration Refund after March 6, 2017.
- State of Ohio requires Concussion Training for Coaches and Umpires
- Team Insurance Certificate, Playing Roster, and your Concussion Training Certificate due at our office by June 30, 2017. Submitting this information will speed your Tournament Check-in at the Field!
- CEDAR POINT TICKETS: Be sure to direct your team families to the information below to purchase discounted Cedar Point tickets. Discounted tickets will only be available through the Dawg Daze-Cedar Point website link.
- T-SHIRT/PIN PRE-ORDER -- Save money and time on official Dawg Daze T-shirts (with TEAM NAMES included on back of shirts) and Pins! Pre-orders also assure that the sizes you need are available.
This service is offered for TEAM ORDERS ONLY (sorry we cannot fill individual pre-orders) - Minimum order is 10 "Combo's" (T-shirt & Pin). 2017 Pre-order form will be published here when available.
- DISCOUNTED CEDAR POINT TICKETS: Available to Dawg Daze Team Families! Discounted SINGLE DAY Pass Pricing will be published here near the tournament date; only available for purchase through the Cedar Point website using the SPECIAL DAWG DAZE TICKET LINK (to be published here when available).
- Huron is located on the shores of Lake Erie and the Huron River-- with sandy beaches; the Huron Lighthouse and pier; beautiful shorelines...and is minutes from Cedar Point Amusement Park and Kalahari Resort-Waterpark.
- There are a many lodging options in the area; it is wise to book early! Lake Erie Shores & Islands website is a great reference for lodging and area attractions.
- Tournament Parking Fee: Each vehicle will be charged a $10 weekend parking fee.
DIRECTIONS TO THE BALL FIELDS
Andrew L. Fabens Memorial Park
Huron, OH 44839
(Fabens Park does not have a physical address. To map it, use the intersection of Adams and Taylor Avenues)
From the East:
from Route 2, get off a the Route 13/Huron-Norwalk exit. Proceed north to Bogart Rd. Make a left onto Bogart Rd. and go two blocks west to Center St. Make a right onto Center St. Go two blocks north to Adams Ave. Make a left onto Adams Ave and follow into Fabens Park.
From the West:
from Route 2, continue until you pass the Rye Beach Road Exit. Immediately following the Rye Beach Rd. Exit, you will get off the highway at the next exit. Get into the far right lane. This is the Huron/Route 6 exit. The exit will go over Route 2 into downtown. Fabens Park is on your right as you descend the hill off Route 2. At the bottom of the hill, slow down and make a right into the park. The entrance is immediately following the hill and directly off the highway, so please be careful.
From the South:
from Route 250 in Norwalk/Milan, take Route 250 North to Route 12. This is the intersection just outside of Milan at the traffic light with a Fire Station on your right. Make that right and follow Route 13 for approximately 7 miles. You will cross over both the Ohio Turnpike and Route 2. Once you cross Route 2 you will soon be in Huron. Slow your speed to 35 mph. Follow Route 13/Mudbrook Rd. into town. As you come into town, you will make a right onto Bogart Rd. This is the intersection at a car wash and Jim’s Pizza Box Restaurant. Make a left onto Bogart Rd. and continue for two blocks. Make the second right onto Center St. Make the second left onto Adams Ave. Follow Adams Ave. into Fabens Park.
Vermilion, OH 44089
From the East:
Route 2 (I-90) west to Route 60. Turn right (north) on Route 60 to Sailorway. Turn right on Sailorway to Vermilion Middle School. Fields are around and behind the Middle School.
From the West:
Route 2 east to Route 60. Turn left (north) on Route 60 to Sailorway. Turn right on Sailorway to Vermilion Middle School. Fields are around and behind the Middle School.
Important Information for Youth Coaches and Umpires
State of Ohio requires Concussion Training; see the following links for more information: