(REPUBLIC SERVICES 1-800-234-3429)

Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste services are billed quarterly on the water bill. Two (2) 30-gallon bags or cans of garbage are collected at the curb every Monday.  Your garbage and/or recycling bin and/or yard waste must be placed at the curb by 6:00 A.M. on Monday morning. One green recycling bin is provided at the time you sign up for water service.

The garbage/recycling/yard waste collector is Republic. Fees for garbage, recycling and yard waste collection are as such: The basic charge for garbage (2 bags), refuse, recyclable material, yard waste collection and disposal for each residential owner, tenant or occupant shall be $50.00 per calendar quarter. The basic charge for garbage and refuse collection and disposal for each commercial and industrial establishment shall be $50.00 per calendar quarter. 

Tags for additional bags or cans, as well as, oversized items can be purchased at the City of Huron Finance Department or Cornell's Grocery Store. A tag for an extra bag or can is $2.00. The tag for console TVs, stuffed chairs, recliners, lamps, microwaves, and bed frames (this does not include washers, dryers, refrigerators or stoves) is $4.00. The $6.00 tag will ensure the disposal of couches, kitchenettes, dinette sets and mattresses (this does not include washers, dryers, refrigerators or stoves).

*Holiday Schedules:  Residents are asked to set their refuse out the night before their regularly scheduled day or by 6:00am the morning of. Holidays observed are New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  If an observed Holiday falls on your normal scheduled day, your trash will be picked-up the next day.



Curbside collection of yard waste is provided by our garbage collectors once per week (Monday) year round. For purposes of providing yard waste collection services, the definition of yard waste is leaves, grass clippings, brush, dead plants, weeds, garden waste, dead trees or branches, chips and tree trunks that are eight inches or less in diameter, tree trimmings, excluding dirt, sod or construction debris.

The garbage collection agency will collect shrub, brush, and tree trimmings that are securely tied together forming an easily handled package not exceeding four (4) feet in length not sixty (60) pounds in weight.  These bundles need to be secured by twine or string (no wire).

From the curbside, the garbage collection agency will collect yard waste placed in 20-35 gallon containers, clearly marked in at least two inches letters, "YARD WASTE." The containers should be constructed of plastic, metal or fiberglass, having handles of adequate strength for lifting. The mouth of a container shall have a diameter greater than or equal to that of the base. Yard waste may also be placed in 15-35 gallons paper biodegradable yard waste bags. These bags are known to be available at most hardware stores and home improvement centers. The weight of each container or bag shall not exceed 50 pounds.

Yard waste collection service is to be provided on the same day as solid waste and recycling collection. Improperly packaged yard waste will not be picked up by the garbage collection agency.

Food Scraps should be placed in an organic container (paper bag, newspaper, cardboard boxes) and placed in the Yard Waste container. 


BILLING QUESTIONS?  For general or billing questions about Water, Trash/Recycling/Yard Waste service within the City contact:

Finance Department at 419-433-5000 ext 3


MISSED PICK-UP OR GUIDELINE INFORMATION? For additional questions regarding garbage/recycling/yard waste guidelines or if you need to report a missed pick-up, contact: 

REPUBLIC SERVICES at 1-800-680-4285 or 1-800-234-3429


Residents are reminded that leaves are not to be raked into the roadway.  This is a violation of the City Ordinances, Section 521.10, which reads “No person shall sweep, shovel or pile or cause to be swept, shoveled or piled, any snow, ice, leaves, branches, twigs, brush, grass or other waste upon any of the streets, avenues, alleys, sidewalks or other public ways of the City.  Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.”


Recycling Information Sheet 

Direct Charge (ACH Debits) Authorization Form