2017 CAPITAL PROJECTS
Main Street Streetscape Project - Bid awarded on July 12, 2016 Resolution 2016-53 to Ropper Construction Inc. Contract documents executed. Engineering Inspection Services awarded on September 13, 2016, project currently underway. Main Street Streetscape Plan page 1 Main Streetscape Plan page 2
- Click here for construction schedule
- Engineers expect completion, including for possible weather delays mid-July
- Lighting installation to be determined
- Mandatory completion October 1, 2017
Oklahoma Area Water Line Replacement & Paving- Project was awarded to Buckeye Excavating and Construction on March 14, 2017 (Resolution 2017-17). The project bid came in well under the engineer's estimate of the project (Engineering Estimate was $1.4million) Buckeye's bid was awarded at $1,067,775.00. The estimated water line assessment portion of the project reflects the decrease and the revised assessment estimate to property owners is now $5,877.00. City Administration and City Council continue to discuss the consideration to offset or forgive the assessment to property owners. The actual final cost will not be known until the project has been completed. The final decision and formal legislation from City Council on the determination of any offset or forgiveness would be expected after the final cost is known.
- 4-17-17 Preliminary Notice to Residents of Construction Information& Contacts
- Construction commenced Tuesday April 25 starting on Taylor Ave at Adams Ave working south to the tracks.
- General overall construction schedule. 6-23-17 Update: Project is ahead of schedule. Phase I paving is scheduled to begin on 6-26-17 with Asphalt Milling on Wilder, Klein, and Taylor (far north and far south only). Door tags have been posted.
- Anticipated completion date September 29, 2017
Roadway Paving Program- anticipated to be bid out in late 2017 with paving commencing in early 2018.
US6 -Huron River Bridge Improvements (ODOT/City) Project was re-bid with bid opening May 18, 2017. One (1) bid recieved; Project on hold at this time.
US6 Corridor Improvements - ODOT resurfacing anticipated 2018. City commissioned full scale traffic study (Resolution 2016- 21, adopted March 8, 2016) of the US6 corridor from the entrance of Fabens Park on the west to the city limits on the east. OHM has completed report, made presentation to City Council, design plans underway.
Fabens Park- Adams Avenue Entrance Improvement - Design stage. Project expected to go out to bid in late June.
Needle Ice Ramp & Shoreline Improvement- Water Filtration Plant -Project to begin advertising for bid during the week of May 8, 2017. Bid awarded on June 13, 2017 (Resolution 2017-45). Project anticpated to begin after July 1, 2017.
Click here to view the MASTER PLAN. The Master Plan was supported & recommended for adoption by the Planning Commission, and formally adopted by Huron City Council on October 23, 2012 by the adoption Ordinance of 2012-44. Hard copy Master Plan booklets are available for viewing at City Hall and at the Huron Public Library.